Introduction to Heat Exchangers, Learn about common heat exchanger types, designs, categorisations and construction.
In this course you will learn about the shell and tube, and plate type heat exchanger. You will learn about the design, components and categorisations of each common type of heat exchanger. You will also learn about the advantages and disadvantages of each heat exchanger.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify the different types of common heat exchanger.
- Know the pros and cons of each heat exchanger type.
- Identify single and multi-pass heat exchanger types.
- Identify regenerative and non-regenerative heat exchanger systems.
- Identify cross, parallel and counter flow designs.
- Know the terminology for both the shell and tube, and the plate type heat exchanger.
- Know common reasons for heat exchanger failure and fouling.
Four examples are given to show how heat exchangers work in the real world.
I use interactive 3D models throughout the course to aid understanding. Check out one of the sample videos to see the difference this makes when learning!